George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Zanussi zw1125 error code 5 red 1green flashed any sugges

Zanussi zw1125 error code 5 red 1green flashed any suggestions?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Can you confirm the model as the one given seems incomplete... can you also give the Prod code if possible.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George, thanks for the response. the model is ZWI 1125 but I haven't found the product code-not site where to look.
Cheers, Peter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again George, the product code is:###-##-####03. Hope this helps
Cheers, Peter

Thanks Peter,

Looking at the diagnostics sheet the error code you have given is related to either a faulty PCB, or an earth leak from the motor..

If you are competent with a multimeter I can give you some instructions that will assist you in sorting the issue

Please rate the assistance given so far

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I have a multimeter and I am a retired electronics engineer, cheers, Peter

Excellent Peter,

I have two documents for you to download...

Procedure for testing for PCB-Motor fault

Burning on the Circuit Board

Please get them straight away as the link will only last for 3 mins

If you don't manage to download them quick enough, just let me know and I'll re-post them...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry George, I was away from the computer for a while and your Dropbox docs timed out. Please can you put them up again?
Re-posted Peter... 3 more minutes
Did you get them Peter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, thanks. I'll have a look and get back to you. Have you any further tips such as how to get into the machine? Cheers
Ring me on my work mobile ***********
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Although I opened both documents I couldn't download them to meet ipad in time and have lost them both. Please could you put them up again? Sorry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again, they are now saved to my own Dropbox!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm going to study the documents a and have some breakfast. I'll try calling you a little later, is that ok?
Yes, that is fine...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi George, Using your advice I was able to trace the most likely cause of the problem to a faulty PCB. However, due to the high cost of a replacement board and the fact that the machine is five years old, I have decided to replace the machine with a new one. Without your help I would not have been able to make this decision and would probably have spent almost the cost of a new washing machine on getting a tradesman to repair it!

Very many thanks.

Cheers,

Peter

You're very welcome Peter... If you ever need me, you know where I am.

regards
George