KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My samsung washer dryer wd8704rjd has a fault that maybe

My samsung washer dryer wd8704rjd has a fault that maybe you can help me with. It doesn't dry anywhere near as well as it used to. I've cleaned out the fluff etc from the condenser duct & even replace the drier fan motor, as the old one looked to be reluctant to start & runs what looks like a little slowly? anyhow it still takes an age to dry the clothes. The other odd thing is after the drier timer gets down to 1minute to go, the machine can carry on drying for another half hour or so before shutting down.
Do you think these faults could be on the main PCB? I'll change if you think this is the problem, but it's a lot of money if it isn't the faulty part.
Many thanks,
Ron.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ron, welcome to Just answer... have you already checked the element for continuity.. if not can you please check it and let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Kevin,
Yes, sorry I should have mentioned this. The heating element , the cutout & the sensor/thermostat are all OK. The drier is working (getting hot) it's just nowhere near as good as it was, this is why I was thinking along the lines of an inadaquate suppy from the PCB. have you any thoughts re the odd timer fuction?
Hope this info helps.
Regards,
Ron.
OK Ron, as everything is already checked then please check the wiring from the main control board...if that is also fine then yes it is the main board ... a new one is around £200 which almost half the price of a new unit so think twice before spending on the new board :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Kevin,
Thanks for you're thoughts. I've been through the wiring & it all looks perfect, so I think you've confirmed what I already considered to be the most likely culprit.
I will as you say have to consider the cost carefully.
Many thanks for you're help,
Best wishes,
Ron.
You're welcome...you can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance :)