George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Washer dryer WD14H42OGBDOOR HANDLE WILL NOT OPEN DOOR I

washer dryer WD14H42OGB DOOR HANDLE WILL NOT OPEN DOOR I HAVE TRIED THE EMERGENCY RELEASE. THAT DOES'NT WORK EITHER is the answer forthcoming i've been waiting an hour

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

Hello Alan, my name is George..

Can I ask; I have just logged on and seen your query has been waiting for a long time... are you still requiring assistance with this?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes George I'm still waiting can you help please

I'ts now 8-35pm 29/06/15

The problem is now quite urgent

First, can you tell me; is there water still in the appliance Alan?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

NO i'ts finished a full cycle

Make sure the Child Lock is not activated

Disconnect the power
Pull the machine out
Undo the screws and remove the lid
From the front of the appliance reach down the right side to the door lock
Remove the cover over the lock
Feel for the Pecker poking through the door lock and push it toward the center of the door and back again.. (Do it a few times)
The door will hopefully then open without the need to smash the lock or other door parts
Once you have the door open, do not use the appliance again until you have replaced the lock.
Let me know the information ( Enr and FD, PNC, Prod No, S/n ) from the lable inside the door opening and I'll give you the part number for a new lock or other related door parts.

Please rate the assistance given by me & feel free to ask for further advice on your problem and I'll help if I can.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.

I've tried your method but there does not seam to be a pecker poking through I don't know what to do next?

There is a cover over the pecker that needs to be removed first Alan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes i've done that, There's nothing protruding out to move in any direction.

I notice that you have left me a poor rating Alan... I am trying to assist you here, but poor ratings go against my record. If you think I am giving you poor service and want me to opt out and let someone else try explain this very simple procedure to you, let me know.

Alternatively, I will continue to work with you to assist you in what you need..

I'll await you response
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm very sorry George but we could go on like this over a long period of time and I can't wait any longer. So, I've called in a local firm to take a physical look at it. My apologies.

Alan

Ok Alan, thank you for letting me know.
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair