George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Bosch ceramic hob,PKE6...E flashes a single bar (bottom segment

Bosch ceramic hob,PKE6...E flashes a single bar (bottom segment of the power setting number) ie _ for all for rings, the hob fails to operate while this flashing is occurring. Occasionally the flashing stops and the hob works properly. I have turned it off overnight and when I switch it on again it will flash very very fast, then gradually slow down during the course of the day. Any ideas gratefully received
Ray
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello Ray, my name is George..

Can you tell me the full Enr an FD of the appliance from the label underneath the hob

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi George
The full number is *****
Unfortunately Ray, the problem you have is a failure of one of the boards...

This has confirmedd by Bosch; the problem is that the Control Module and Touch Control Set part no# ***** has lost its callibration. This issue is classified as a fatal error that cannot be rectified I am informed.

I am sorry to be the one having to give you this sort of news.

The only cure for the issue is a replacement of that board..

Please rate the assistance I have given you & feel free to ask for further advice if you need it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
George
That is not what I was hoping for......Would you have any idea of cost for replacement of the board?

Below is a link to the part on the Bosch site.. the part costs £162.56

Before you purchase anything.. Have a word with the Bosch customer Service line to see if they can offer you a reduction on the part, or a reduction on a replacement appliance; their telephone number is *****

Control module touch control set, YL202-01/YL181-32 EGO