Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My washer drier wont empty and the door wont open . It is displaying

My washer drier wont empty and the door wont open . It is displaying a code E3, what should I do
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi Can you post the model number please. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The model number is ***** the rim inside the door and I cant get the door open because it's full of water. The number on the front of the machine is WD0804W8E but when I tried this in the Samsung help page it said it wasn't a valid number.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ok when you set it going on a spin only cycle will the water pump out?If not do you hear a slight humming noise from the bottom of the washer? Regards
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No the water wont pump out, there is a slight humming noise but the drum wont spin either. I think it has been overloaded.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ok if you look on the front of the washer in the bottom right corner you will see a square door. Open this and you will see the filter in there. Get a shallow tray under there and a few bath towels and slacken the filter to slowerly drain the water out.Once all the water is out then you need to fully remove the filter and give it a good clean out.Then look inside the chamber were the filter goes and at the back in there is the pump impeller X shape. Check theres nothing stuck in there jamming the pump up. Make sure the impeller pings round in stages. Once that's all clear refit the filter and retry the washer and fingers crossed this cure the fault and gets it up and running again from there. Let me know how it goes. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Already did that but didn't see if anything was jamming the pump, will try again

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok sometimes the blockage passes through the filter and jams in the pump impeller so you need to look inside the chamber and fingers crossed you can clear it from there. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Didn,t see anything jamming it and not much water came out but the door still wont open. It looks as though there isn't much water in the machine when I look through the window, but I thought the water level must be high and that's why it wouldn't open

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ok E3 means a water overfill. Just try this and see what happens. Pull the washer out and lean it 45 degs backwards and see if any water comes out from the back of the washer. Then stand it up right and retry it and see if this clears the code from there and let me know. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Isn't showing the code now but wont open, computer about to run out of charge, charger Donald Ducked as well, shouldn't have got out of bed this morning. Just tipped it back door opened and seal has come off and is all tangled in load. But it is open!

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok refit the seal if you can and remove the load and then retry it and see how it goes from there. It could have been an uneven load which caused this so see how it goes from there.