George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a 15 year old neff dishwasher. I think our water may

I have a 15 year old neff dishwasher. I think our water may have cut a few days ago for a short period. The dishes looked clean and I emptied her. When I put the next load in she didn't take in water. Just sits humming. Have put water in bottom and empties. Switched on and off at plug and turned dial. No success. Is it done or can if be fixed? Can't find model number-have it out in middle of floor. Semi integrated neff with on off button on right and dial on left
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Can you tell me the full Enr of the appliance please.. This is normally stamped into the metal at the top of the door

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nothing on top
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No number anywhere. Sold with kitchen and I have pulled out and checked everywhere on it

Thank you for looking Derek,

The fact that the pump is continuing to run, even when you switch the appliance off and then on again, indicates that you probably have water in the base of the appliance...

Pull out the appliance and tip it back to remove any water ingress.. The appliance should then operate...

If this is the case and doing this solves the situation, it may revert back to the same at a later date.. if it does, then you'll need to find the source of the leak.

Please rate the assistance given & feel free once rated to return for further advice on the matter