KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My LG 42 inch plasma tv has stopped working - no sound, picture

My LG 42 inch plasma tv has stopped working - no sound, picture or power light. It made a popping noise, followed by background hum and then another pop and died. What can I do?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer ... most of the problems in plasma TV's are caused by overheating ... after reading your issue it seems the power supply board is bad and will need replacement ... if you want to do it yourself then leave the TV unplugged and remove the back of the unit ... after this you’ll need to check the power supply board first for bad components ...the cost of repair will be around £110 including labor ... please get back with the model number if you need more help.____________________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks