Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Dan how do I get the service light to goa a off on my whirlpool

Hi dan how do I get the service light to goa a off on my whirlpool awo/d4505 I have cleaned the bottom filter and removed the ball valve cleaned and refitted to no avail could you help please
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi When the service light is lit are you getting any other lights flashing or lit up? Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
service only to start with. Then tried using different programme after emptying and rinse spin and service light comes on
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ok try this and see what happens. Turn the dial to drain cycle.Then press the reset button 4 times quickly. (You may need to try this several times as it doesn't always work first time)Now it will run a test cycle.. Regards ***** ***** picks up a fault it will stop and the service light will come on along with some others. Let me know which lights come on
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tried 4 times prewash programme started, water tap closed light on and clean pump light along with service light on. Water in machine now prewash from pre wash now only prewash wash anti crease spin/drain and service light on
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ok are you saying the only lights lit up is the prewash, anti crease, spin and service light? If you turn it off and start a new cycle do the same lights cone on when it stops and the service light shows? Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi turned off and chose a quick wash water filled then service light rinse and anti crease light are all on and machine has stopped all 3 lights are solid but the start button is flashing
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ok that's great as that's the error code. The error code you have is F06 which is a motor related fault. What you need to do is remove the back panel and from there you will see the motor at the bottom. Check the wiring block to this and give the wires a tug in case theres a broken wire in the block. If the wires are fine then you need to remove the motor and at the back of the motor either side are the carbon brushes. Take them out and see if they have worn down. If so then you need to replace them and then retry the washer and fingers crossed this cures it from there and gets the washer back up and running again. So check that and see what you find. But the error code you have here is a motor related fault. Regards