KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Ive already sent a question however if you can help then

Customer Question

Hi, Ive already sent a question however if you can help then that's great! I have an AEG Favorit dishwasher 808601m. It is making a buzzing sound and won't work although the timer is still counting down. There are no fault codes. I have stripped the side panels off and the noise is coming from the motor. Beside the motor is a silver cylinder which is connected to the motor with a multi plug. Is this a condenser? There is a clear sticky liquid coming from it, (just like glue). Could this be the fault? Kind regards Rory.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hi Rory, welcome to Just answer .... if you are talking about this part then this is the Motor capacitor ... from what you have described it is bad and is leaking so needs to be replaced ... a new one will cost around £15