Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My whirlpool azc 6570 tumble dryer has just stopped working,

My whirlpool azc 6570 tumble dryer has just stopped working, it is coming up with red lights for both water container and clean filter, which i have done, but they continue to flash - what can I do? I posted this question Before and got an answer that did not help. By mistake I did not post a my answer to the suggestion from the technician. So, I try again...
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Did you do the reset buy turning the dial and pressing the start button 3 times? If it isn't clearing the lights then are any other lights lit up other then the ones you have said? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I put the dial in the six o'clock position and pressed the start button Three times and then did the same in the seven o'clock position. The error goes away but when I select any position again there are beeps and the same lamps start flashing again.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok so its picking up a fault in there that's why its doing this. Other then the lights you have said what other lights are lit up at the time? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The same lights are flashing, two red lights on the outermost postion and the left light of the Group of Three in the center.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ok the error code you have is F04 which is a heater or thermostat fault. What you need to do on this if fixing yourself is remove the top and the back panel.There you will see the heater at the back. On there are a few thermostats. You need a multi meter and test these. If faulty then the heater will need to be replaced as it comes as a complete unit.If the thermostats are fine then check the heater for contonuity But if the heater and thermostats are fine then im afraid its looking like a faulty control unit on this. So check it if you can and see what you find. But the error code you have is a heater related fault. Regards
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What Control Points do I need to test and am I looking for continuity on all those Points?

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
On a thermostat theres on 2 wires going to it so you just test the two points. The same with the heater. The thermostat will be a continuity reading and the heater is about 30 Ohms. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Are there more than two thermostats on my machine?

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Theres 2 and they are both on the heater unit on the top. You wont miss them.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.