Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Micheal my hob lights are flashing and it won't work

Customer Question

micheal my hob lights are flashing and it won't work
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George.. Can you tell me the full Enr and FD of the appliance.. This should be on a label on the underneath or on the front/rear of the user handbook

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Pln811e14e fed 89212 00053
Thank you for that information Richard

The model is PKN811E14E

Can you tell me which lights are flashing and does it have a code in the display?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No code only dashes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All lights are flashing frequently for 10 sec then stop 4 2 sec then repeats
Ok Richard, thanks for that information.. Let me get in touch with tech for you to see is they have a fault listed for that error.

Richard, I need some more information from you please...

When you say all lights, I assume you mean where the numbers would normally be displayed, is that correct?

Also, when you say dashes, if they are where the numbers would normally be displayed, are the dashes in the top bar, center bar, or lower bar of the number?

I am still making further enquiries with the tech dept.

Although the fault you have normally indicates a fatal error with the Touch Control pcb, in that it has lost its calibration.. in certain circumstances there is something that may be done to correct this. This is what I am trying to find out for you.

Thank you for being patient