George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Sirs We have a Baumatic BDI 681 Dishwasher it is 15 months

Sirs
We have a Baumatic BDI 681 Dishwasher it is 15 months old. We appear to have no water entering the machine. The inline filter is clean in front of the Aquastop and can hear the initial action of the valve etc. But no water in the chamber and eventually to display reads E1.
Help
Jim
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jim, my name is George..

Can you tell me if you hear the pump running at the initiation of the program?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks. Yes we can hear the pump running for maybe a minute or so. Any ideas?

Check your warranty.. I am sure that Baumatic models carry a two year warranty.

The E1 error that you are receiving is alerting you to a 'Longer than expected fill time or drain time'.

This could mean that the water in the appliance is unable to fully drain or that the appliance is unable to fill..

According to what I can see in the Service Manual, this model has (part number #672030099107 BDI681 Inlet hose) with aquastop & internal wires... Check that the aquastop is working correctly

Check the following:

Inlet side
Check the water pressure of your mains water supply.
Clean the mesh filter that sits in the inlet hose.
Ensure that the inlet hose is not kinked or crushed and ensure it is working.
Make sure the water tap that the machine is connected to is turned on fully.

Outlet side
Check that the outlet hose is not kinked or crushed and that it’s positioned correctly (as per the installation instructions).

Please rate the assistance given and feel free to ask if you require further advice, I'll help if I can

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

George

I did not learn anything that was not in the manual or I had deduced except the two year warranty we are checking this point.

Jim

Ok Jim, if you feel that you have not received any information that you consider rating, then please don't rate.

I have asked you to check your warranty length as modern Baumatic appliances generally have either 2yr or 5yr warranties on them.

I have asked you to check the Aquastop as this is likely to be the cause of the issue.. The first thing I would be checking if it were on my workbench would be the Aquastop, ensuring that it was actually working... If that is not working then you will get no water inlet to the appliance..

The rest, as you can see, is in the manual as you have said.

with regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

George

Thanks for the comments.

I tend to agree that the aqua stop is the problem as even with the filter element perfectly clean no water flows into the chamber.

The actual functionality of the Aqua stop is certainly questionable as there is no more I can do since the whole tube is fixed in location.

We are checking the warranty this morning and will go from there.

Jim

Hello again Jim,

If you wish to test the aqua stop you can test it by using an inline voltmeter. This will tell you if the Aquastop is switching; however, it will not tell you if the pcb is being switched by the Aquastop.

I do not condone live testing if it is not necessary or if you are not competent to do so, so please do not ask me HOW to do this.

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair