George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My freezer is not freezing at the bottom. Last time this happened

my freezer is not freezing at the bottom. Last time this happened an engineer said it was a blockage and showed my son how to clear it - but he has forgotten!
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Can you tell me the model number of the appliance please

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

fzfm171

Thank you for that Jayne.

Take out the drawers of the freezer and undo the panel behind them, to access any blockages to the air ducts behind.. If the panel is stuck then you'll need to use a hairdryer or similar implement, or leave the appliance switched off for 24hrs, to defrost the ice in order to remove the panel...

The ice will be the cause of the problem as it blocks ducts and freezes control flaps in refrigeration units, stopping them from working properly.

Once defrosted for 24hrs there should be no need to dismantle any of the appliance, so long as the drain is working well.... Although really, you should find the root cause of the problem, which may be a failed defrost heater or ineffective fan.

Please rate the assistance given
& feel free to then return for further advice on the matter where I will assit if I can.