George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a fitted Neff dishwasher. The detergent dispenser is

I have a fitted Neff dishwasher.
The detergent dispenser is not working properly. The tablet appears to fall out of the dispenser unused when we open the door at the end of a cycle. the lid is clicked shut properly when we set it in motion.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

The problem will be with the actuation system of the dispenser... The dispenser may need changing..

Can you tell me the ENR and FD of the appliance that is stamped into the metal part at the top of the door please.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

E-Nr S54M45X5GB / 93

fd 8810 00350

There are two different ones for your appliance Morag.

1. 00490467: Dispenser - Dispenser, with optical(611574)/reed switch rinse-aid

2. 00490472: Dispenser - Dispenser, optical sensor (611574), closed vent

You can use any one of them.. Alternatively, there are several repair sets available for the original dispenser in the dishwasher if the engineer wished to repair the part that was actually gone.

This job is not really a do it yourself job and is best left to an appliance engineer.

Please rate the assistance given & feel free to ask for further advice regarding this problem if you need to, I will assit further if I can