George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

SE26T550GB Dishwasher . Could you advise which bit has gone

SE26T550GB Dishwasher
Hi. Could you advise which bit has gone wrong. The drainage pump in running conntinuously with the door closed or open, whatever programme is selected. The timing displays do not count down. Is this the pump switch or do i need a new programme circuit board?
Thanks Robert
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello Robert, my name is George..

Your dishwasher has ai inbuilt anti-flood device.. If water gets into the base of the appliance the pump will turn on permaently to discard any water from the appliance so that any leak cannot flood the base any further.

Please pull-out the dishwasher from its housing and tilt it backwards at an angle sufficien to spill any water in the base outwards from the lower back area.... (Place a few towels to catch any water)

Once this is done, the dishwasher should work again, but if it happens again within a short period of time, you will need to investigate the source of the ingress.

Please rate the assistance given by me & feel free to then return for further advice as necessary; I will assist further if I can; however, kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.