George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Bosch Classixx Dishwasher Not Draining

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Bosch Classixx and it doesn't appear to be draining. From what I can tell the outlet hose isn't blocked and the impeller is spinning. I can hear it draining outside but very, very slowly. Seems like it may be a blockage between the impeller and the outlet hose itself.

Model appears to be the SGS57C12GB

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

If you take off the left side of the dishwasher you will find a part that looks like the following image...

At the front of the image you will find a hose.. Clean any fats and other congelment from inside that hose..

graphic

Please rate the assistance given & feel free to ask for further advice regarding this problem if you need to & kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Taking the side off has let me see the flow of everything from what I can tell, but nothing stands out as being blocked. I can't see any hoses in that image though and it doesn't match what I'm seeing.

Here's a picture with the dishwasher currently running to get an idea of what I'm seeing and the current state of the part.

Correction to the model, it's the SGS53C12GB

Dishwasher Side

Thank you for posting the image and correcting the model number Ben. In this instance I would forget all that has previously been said as your appliance is different from the SGS57 models.

In the case of this appliance I would suggest to:

1... Ensure you have removed all debris from the filter.
2... Ensure that you have not disturbed the pump cover (00600949).. If you have, make sure that this is re-situated correctly as if this part is not in place, the pump can not create the force it needs to flush the wasted water from the tank.
3... If 1 & 2 are good.. After unplugging and disconnecting the appliance from both the water and the power, tilt the appliancebackwards and remove the cover from the underneath of the appliance to gain access to remove the SGI/SGU/SE/SL GV630 (00165261) drain pump to check the access and exit holes together with the impeller.

If all is well in thie areas above; remove the drain hose and check its flow-through by usiing a tap to fill it from one end.

If all is still well, have a competent person check the operation of the pump by applying power.

Then presuming correct power is getting to the pump all should be well with the dishwasher, so check the drainage points under the sink or other drainage point.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your advice George, unfortunately despite the fact everything looks fine, it's still not working properly, looks like I'm going to have to call someone in to have a look at it. Something is likely not up to snuff (and given its age, it's not really surprising).