George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

We have a beko A class frost free freezer model number cda563fs-2.

Customer Question

Hi we have a beko A class frost free freezer model number cda563fs-2. Neither the fridge or freezer seems to be getting cold enough. The fan inside freezer is not spinning and it is not making any noise. I've touched the back of freezer and the black pot shaped thing is hot
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.

Hello Stuart, my name is George..

First things first; it is likely that your appliance will be frozen behind the panel at the back of the freezer and ice is stopping the fan from rotating. Turn the appliance off for at-least 24hrs with the doors open, ensuring you have a towel in the base to soak-up any water..

After 24hrs, turn the appliance back on and leave it running for a minimum of 8hrs to bring it back down to temperature

Please rate the assistance given & feel free to ask for further advice regarding this problem if you need to.. and kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi done as above and all started up fine and seemed started to go cold. We left it to run for approx an hour but noticed temp was on maximum inside fridge. My wife has adjusted it down to 5 and the fan has stopped moving again. We've left it plugged in for a further hour and it still hasn't kicked in?
Thanks for coming back to me Stuart..

To see if the fan is running you'll need to open the door just a tiny bit, otherwise, as you open the door the fan will switch off.

Can you tell me if, when you put your ear to the cabinet on the left side of the appliance, the sound you can hear is a hissing sound or a sound that is like running water?

Also, have you got a thermostat handy, that you can place into a cup of water in the fridge