George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

The washing comes out damp or even wet after 90 minutes drying.

The washing comes out damp or even wet after 90 minutes drying. The water valve feeding cooling water to the condenser tube is switching on and off all through the drying sequence allowing a trickle of water to flow.
The heater is coming on and the fan is circulating hot air through the machine. The heat sensor seems ok it measures about 6k ohms at room temp and drops when heated in a cup of hot water and it seems to control the heater ok switching it on and off at the set temperature. I have had the cover off the ducting and removed the fan and have cleaned both, there was I lot of fluff on the fan blades. I have cleaned all the drain pipes. Removed and cleaned the water inlet manifold on top of the soap box. Checked and cleaned the pump
And checked and cleaned the ball valve for the drum outlet. I'm guessing it's something to do with the humidity inside the machine. Can you please help. Alfred.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Can you give me the Enr and FD of the appliance please.

Also, have you checked the condenser box for blockages?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
E nr v4380x0gb/13. FD 8208 401337
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
E nr. V4380x0gb/13
FD 8208 401337
Thanks Alfred,

Have you checked the condenser box for blockages?

Have you made sure the Vent Hose is clear?

Have you check that the Temperature Limiter on the Ventilation Duct is operating correctly?

Have you made sure the Drainage Container vent is not blocked
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George
I took the condenser box off to day it had a fair bit of sludge stuck to inside wall but was not blocked, gave it a good clean and put it back. The vent hose that goes from the condenser box to the soap box is clear.
I took the temperature limiter out of the heater duct and tested it with a meter it is about 6k ohms at room temp and then goes down when I dip it in hot water but no telling if it's calibrating right so I have ordered a new one, should have it in couple of days. Meanwhile I will run the machine again and see if cleaning the condenser box has made a difference. Not sure what you mean by drainage container vent but I took off the container that
goes between the pump and the drain outlet and cleaned it, the small tube that goes from that box to the soap box was blocked so cleaned that as well
Hi Alfred..

There are two control devices on the Ventilation Box, a Thermal Limilter and an NTC; if the Thermal Limiter operates at 140+175C is working you will get a reading through it.. The Thermal Limiter is a safety device that will go open circuit if there is a problem. The NTC is a control device that will control when the heater is on and for how long. They are on opossite sides of the Ventilation Box. If any has gone faulty it is likely to be the NTC, but it sounds likt that is ok if that is the one you have checked as at 20C its temp range is 5400-6500 Ohm.

Sludge in the Condenser Box will be part of the issue as the sludge will retain water.. The Condenser Box should beas clean as possible.

Now, the Drainage Container Vent.. Yes, the box between the drain pump and the outlet hose; this could well be the main issue... The reason being, that little tube, or the plug that it fits on to, being blocked prevents the drum from spinning the water out of the wash properly properly, therefore the wash is soaking when the appliance starts the drying phase.

Try the appliance again.. you may now find that thing are working correctly..

Let me know if they are not.

Please rate the assistance given by me & feel free to then return for further advice as necessary; I will assist further if I can; however, kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George
Since removing and cleaning the condencser box we have done two washes and the dryer has dried ok each time .I think maybe we have cracked it. As you know I had checked everything else and had only looked into the codencser box with the fan removed and I thought it looked fairly clean and was reluctant to remove it as looked so awkward to get out but following your advice decided to persevere and take it out. Can I do a couple more washes to be sure and let you know at the end of this week how it goes.
Thanks for letting me know Alfred...

I think the little vent tube running from the Drainage Container Vent will have been just as much of of a problem, if not moreso. When that tube is blocked it causes a pressure in the tank which in turn causes the pressure switch to stop the fast-spin of the drum; therfore the drum can not spin the water out of the wash properly and hence the wash is soaking when the appliance starts the drying phase.

I look forward to your results and indeed a positive rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good news George four washes now and all dry as a bone, I think we can now safely say problem solved. Thanks for your help and advice .
You can be sure of a five star excellent service smiley from me, my wife wanted to add one with puckered lips but there isn't one, you will have to have a word with "Just Answer" to add one.
I tried to respond to your email asking me to give you a rating but when I clicked on the five star box it took me to web page that said I was not entitled to enter, so not sure if you got your rating, however if you respond to this message I can click on the rate to finish box and give you a smiley
Thanks again Alfred .
I am glad all is sorted Alfred; say 'hi' and thankyou to your wife...

Can you try rating again Alfred please.. and if this time it fails I will contact the support team regarding the issue..

regards
George
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Just to let you know Alfred, the rating was this time successful... Thank you.

If I can ever be of service, just let me know, just search George Allsorts and you'll find me..

regards
George