George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a nine year old Creda Hob EC6005 with touch control.

Hi, I have a nine year old Creda Hob EC6005 with touch control. The touch control has been responding very slowly and now I think has stopped responding at all. Is this repairable.?
Alan
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello Alan, my name is George..

Can you tell me; since you state that the touch control is now totally unresponsive, is the control locked.. can you see a key symbol on the controls?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

there is a light on the lock button, last time I tried it (last night) it took a few minutes to unlock and then I couldn't get any thing else to work.

Try this for me, then come back and let me know what happens:

Switch the hob off at the mains switch for 10-15mins and then switch it back on and try the lock again
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry for the delay in replying, had to go home first to turn off hob.

Switching off and leaving for 10 minutes did the job, everything working ok now.

Thanks for your help

Great Alan,

Please take the time to rate the assistance given by me & feel free to return for further advice regarding this problem if you need to.