George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Wash m/c door wont open.showing error01 or 07

wash m/c door wont open.showing error01 or 07
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..
Please give the model of the appliance
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
George,m/c is Candy 31004553
GODF 800/L-50. Door lock switch had fallen out.I replaced it and re started m/c.machine stopped before /programme finished and errors showed.door is now locked.Eamonn
Hi Eamonn,
The problem with your appliance is actually the door interlock that you have said fell out... it is defective and needs replacing. The part number for the interlock is #41016879.
Don't keep trying it or you will damage the PCB that controls it.
Follow the instructions below to open the door:
Disconnect the power
Pull the machine out
Undo the screws and remove the lid
From the front of the appliance reach down the right side to the door lock
Remove the cover over the lock (if applicable)
Feel for the Pecker poking through the door lock and push it toward the center of the door and back again.. (Do it a few times)
The door will hopefully then open without the need to smash the lock or other door parts
Once you have the door open, do not use the appliance again until you have replaced the lock.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
George,m
any thanks.Job done.Lock removal a bit tricky,but perseverance and a bit of physical did the job.
New lock fitted.m/c working as new.Great service,I've given you 5 Stars on approlal rating.
Eamonn Burke.