Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My fridge freezer is making a very loud noise. We have turned

Customer Question

My fridge freezer is making a very loud noise. We have turned off the water and taken out the ice bucket. But the noise is so loud. Siemens KA62DP92GB
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - if you open the door does the noise stop? If not where do you think it is coming from?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes the noise stops when the door is open but the door alarm then is activated. We forgot to mention that the problem initially was that water was dispersing of its own accord, via the ice maker and water dispenser. I believe the noise is coming from the back of the freezer, maybe the fan and gets gradually loader. The fridge appears fine.
OK it sounds like the internal circulating fan is partially frozen with ice, and that the fan blades are catching on the ice. You will initially need to store your food somewhere else (friend, neighbour or family) switch the appliance off for a couple of days with the doors open and towels to catch the defrosting water and then restart noting if the noise has disappeared. Once you have done this come back to me and let me know if this cures the problem and I can tell you what you have to do next ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Ian, sorry my name is ***** ***** your info. We have now switched off the IWD, the Ice, Water Dispenser, and now we can shut the freezer door without the loud noise. The fridge appears fine and working well. Are we able to switch off the door alarm and leave the freezer door open only to defrost?
Hi Darren ~ if I were you I would switch the appliance off overnight (you wont loose any food this way) but surplus ice will defrost. Keep the doors closed and see how you go then come back to me tomorrow and tell me what you find ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, we have emptied the freezer section but currently the fridge is full, presently no where else to store fridge items, as long as we leave the doors closed do you feel the food in the fridge will be fine and ok to eat tomorrow and at later dates? Alternatively we can leave as is with power over night & seek an engineer who can visit us tomorrow to hopefully resolve and repair?
You will be fine overnight the insulation on these appliances is great so you wont lose anything in such a short time. Ping me when your around and tell me if the noise disappears ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Ian, much appreciated, we will switch off at mains leaving both doors closed hoping that things may improve overnight. We will let you know more tomorrow. Regards, Darren
OK look forward to your response