KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Whirlpool 6th sense. Type 588 Model: 3lwtw5550ywo Seriesc40230116 My

Customer Question

Whirlpool 6th sense.
Type 588
Model: 3lwtw5550ywo
Seriesc40230116
My engineer tells me the bearings are 'phut'. Is it worth having the machine repaired if I can get the parts?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer ... the model number you have posted seems to be incorrect..please tell me its complete model number and age of this washer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Having checked on line, the number will likely be WTW5550 as the other models don't have the other letters, tho that's what I've copied from inside the lid. The engineer says he can't find parts for that model!!! I do have pages of diagrams and part numbers that came with it, or we down loaded after we got the washer. Would they be compatible with other models, perhaps? We've had it almost 2 years?
Thanks for that ... the parts for this model are not available, you can call Whirlpool at 0844 55 72 510 and check with them if the part is available ... new bearing set will cost around £110 + labor