Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My Beko dishwasher - rarely used more than once a week and

Customer Question

My Beko dishwasher - rarely used more than once a week and less than 2 years old - is not washing the dishes! After the cycle has finished the tablet is lying in the bottom of the machine. Is there a reset sequence as with other makes?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ can you confirm that the water is getting hot during the wash cycle?

Would you also kindly give me your model number and product code.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The water does get hot during the wash cycle; everything seems to be going normally until I open up and find the tablet in the bottom of the dishwasher and the dishes not cleaned - just hot rinsed. Model is DW602.

OK just do this for me will you, instead of putting the tablet in the dispenser put it in one of the slots of the cutlery basket and use the dishwasher as normal then come back to me with the results ie has it dissolved or not ~ Ian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK. Will do that now.

Look forward to speaking soon.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I used the shortest programme and its hot inside of the dishwasher but the tablet hasn't dissolved and there's not much evidence of water.

OK now I need you to check the spray bars are clean and clear of scaling ~ I also need the product code so I can check how the water levels are controlled ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian.

This is a soft water area so spray bars are not likely to be scaled - I'll check for any other blockage. What is the "product code" ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian - are you still trying to help me?

Len

The product code (usually beginning 763) is the specific build number that gives me a listing of all the components fitted to this appliance. This allows me to see exactly how the system is made up and will let me direct you attention to a particular area of the machine that is at fault. It is located on the rating label usually in the door frame area.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I found the label most of which was voltage and wattage the only other information was the following:

TYPE ART 4 CASS 1

and

Model DW 602

Fully integrated dishwasher and then on the bot***** *****ne:

96171 R-54.

Is this any good?

No ~ it will be on a label either down the left or right hand door panel inner stainless steel panel ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes Ian - that's exactly where the rating label that I read is situated. And the other information is about voltage, wattage and fuse size. There is no other label.

OK leave it with me I will try and find out the product code and come back to you as soon as I can ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Whilst Im trying to find the information can you boil up a kettle and removing the filter grids in the bottom pour the full kettle of boiling water into the sump and leave it there for a while.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK

I have the service manual on its way will call you when I have it to hand ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Ian. I tried the hot water - it didn't do the trick, is it worth trying again? Len

Hi Len ~ let me get hold of the service manual and I'll come back to you ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian

I'm still waiting for you to get back to me - which is fine - but I've had several requests to give a rating. I assume that these are automatically generated.

Len

Hi Len, I have got the full information for you appliance and will forward
it across tomorrow. Ignore the rating requests for the time being - Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK Ian - thanks for that. Len

.