Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a range-master wine cooler, the fan goes constant and

i have a range-master wine cooler, the fan goes constant and the temperature is not dropping at all, i have checked all the relevant issues, can this be repaired and what would it cost plz
p
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~~ would you kindly let me have the full model number so that I can look up the specifications please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

under counter wine cooler . Rangemaster

606x864x616

59kg

50btl capacity

230v

modle no/ 7050

serial no/ EM/050105065

OK have you got any fault codes displayed ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no there is no digital display and no thermostat display just a dial that you would turn with a screwdriver or blade

OK just been looking at the diagrams, can you hear or feel the compressor (motor) at the back running?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no dont think there is any other noise or vibration except the fan which seems to be coming from the front at the bottom, where the light swirch and dial is

OK how handy are you with tools or would you like me to recommend someone in your area that can come out and have a look at the appliance for you? We have to establish if you have an electric going to the compressor before we can move forward with this repair ~ Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well my other half is pretty handy with tools and we do have plenty of them but no electrician, are you thinking we should take the back off and have a look?

i have spoke to a fridge engineer local who had never heard of the make and so wouldn't even come out and another firm wanted £205 regardless, if you have a company you feel could help i suppose thats all im left with

thanks P

Hi Paula, if you give me your postcode I will find you a company local to you, you should be expecting to pay around £40-50 for a visit with parts if required on top. £205 is far too high. Rangemaster is one of the most famous appliance manufacturers in the UK.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

m33 5EL thanks

p

OK try this guy ~ Eddie Laycock on 01282 422800 or email ~ *****@******.*** ~~ I can personally recommend Eddie, I have known him many years and he is a very good engineer. Tell him Ian Dales recommended him and he will look after you. If you get any problems let me know and I will be happy to help you further. Would you now kindly rate my service to you using the smiley faces below, this allows me to shut down the job on the system whilst allowing you (once done) further questions on a free of charge basis. Ian
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.