KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a 32 inch TX 32 LZD80 approx 8 yrs old which has developed

I have a 32 inch TX 32 LZD80 approx 8 yrs old which has developed a buzzing sound and low quality sound which appears after 30 mins of use. When turned off for about an hour the problem disappears and the quality is fine for short while again.
I have checked the ariel and plugged a different TV into the same place which works fine. I've moved the TV to a different location with a new ariel cable and still the same problem.
Is this something you are familiar with and is it simple to repair?
I'm trying to decide whether to get a new TV or have this one repaired.
Thanks Teresa
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hi Teresa, welcome to Just answer ... this is most likely a problem with the power supply board.. as the sound disappears if it is let to cool down for an hour or so I believe it is the power board that will need replacement. To determine exact problem you can also run the TV with the back panel removed..if you are not good with electronics it is better to get a TV tech involved._____________________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you know approx how much it might cost to get expert to repair?
a new board will cost around £90 + labor ... if its just some parts that has to be replaced on the board then the repair should be done under £100 all in