George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

A customer has a Stoves Double Oven (Model No###-##-#### *****

Customer Question

A customer has a Stoves Double Oven (Model No###-##-#### ***** an engineer has been
out to change oven fan.He said he cannot change it because the oven is not fitted on a flex.
He has told customer the oven must be fitted on a flex.Is this the case?.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

This is a matter of preferrence of the engineer..

The fact that he has to make sure all is safe before leaving the appliance is proberbly the issue.. If the engineer has the correct tools he can fit the fan and test the appliance without the appliance being wired.

Please rate the assistance given & kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

George he meant the oven should be on a Gas Flex sorry about that

Then in this case the engineer is correct I am afraid.. Before leaving the appliance, the gas safe engineer must ensure that all is working on the appliance, and all is safe; he can not test the flame safety devices or thermocouples if there is no flame.

Thank you James