George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My idos iq700 won't work because the touch buttons appear to

Customer Question

my idos iq700 won't work because the touch buttons appear to have frozen. Can you help please
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..

First, check to see if the child lock is on.. If you have done this and found that this is not the cause, turn the appliance off at the socket for at least 10 mins, then re-power the appliance and all should be well..

Let me know if you then still have a problem.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I turned it off at the mains for more than 10 minutes but that hasn't worked. I don't know where the child lock is that you suggested I try

Can you give me the Enr please Neil
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry - what is that ?

It is a form of model number... It will be on the front of your user handbook
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry - don't have the user handbook

Ok neil, leave it with me for a few minutes.. Let me see what I can find out.
Can you open the door of the appliance Neil... If you can, it will be on a label just inside the door
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

E-nr.WM14S890GB/01 FD 9108 200006

Is there an image of a key in the display window?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no

Is there anything displayed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes - all the usual - but none of the touch buttons will work

Sorry that took so long Neil...

Here are the directions for resetting the problem you have...

1. Turn Off the appliance at the socket for 2 hours minimum..
2. After 2 hours turn on the appliance
3. Select the Drain cycle
4. Ensure the appliance is empty
5. Shut the door of the appliance
6. Press and hold the Start button for 15 seconds

That should fully reset your problem

Let me know how you get on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

just returned home, afraid that didn't work either

Hi Neil, I am sorry to hear that the reset sequence that I told you to do didn't work, as this means that it is likely your Operating module Part number 00742744 is defective which has a replacement cost of £142.38 from Siemens Website

If you speak to Siemens service team on 0344(###) ###-####Option 4, they can offer you the option of a 12 Months Warranty at around £15 per month which will cover Callout, Labour, and Parts.. this cost is just above the cost to replace the board alone.. This means the whole machine will be covered.

Before taking the option above, or deciding to discard the appliance, please try the reset once more.

Please rate the assistance I have given you kindly, & feel free to return for further assistance on this matter if you need to; I will help as much as I can.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok - it still doesn't work. Tell me - have I paid for this advice ?

Neil, there is nothing wrong with the advice given... Don't forget, I am giving you advice from a distance and can only help you going off what you tell me and what you try following my advice..

If an engineer called at your premises, the engineer would charge you an £85 callout fee to give you the same advice.

I only asked you to try the reset again to make doubley sure that you hadn't done the reset incorrectl, but that the control board is actually defective... This is now a certainty.. If the board has not reset after your second attempt then you will need to either:

1. Discard the appliance
2. Change the board (£142)
3. Pay approx £15 per month (£184 year) to Re-warranty the appliance for 12 months and get it repaired in one

I apologise if you do not like the advice given but I can't do anything about the fact that your appliance needs this attention.

As for your question regarding paying for the advice... I do not have anything to do with your payments to Just Answer.. I am here purely to assist you and give you my professional advice regarding the problem you have.. I have done my best for you short of having a spare board to fit into your appliance.. For this, I hope that you will leave a positive rating; but if you don't, that is up to you.

I work on the basis that you pay for what advice you get... This is a very small sum considering what you could have paid an engineer for a call-out who would give you the same advice.