Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Dometic BM6361 refrigerator in my motorhome and can

I have a Dometic BM6361 refrigerator in my motorhome and can be used with mains electric,12v,or gas.
When using the gas supply the fridge will not ignite.
The unit has automatic ignition which clicks and flashes in the gas mode.
Ignited by holding in the control switch for 15 seconds and then releasing. My unit does this but will not stay on and continues to click and flash.
Will the level of the fridge effect the operation?
I am not using the winter vent covers and there does not appear to anything blocking them.
Colin
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ almost sure to be the thermocouple ~ I attach a link to the spare parts manual that will allow you to source one ~ http://www.leisurespares.co.uk/files/rm63606361.pdf ~~
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How sure to be the thermocouple?

Are they easy to fit?

Does the level effect it?

The thermocouple generates a voltage once it is heated, this voltage is sensed by the gas valve and thereafter keeps the valve open. If the flame goes out then the voltage is reduced to zero and the gas valve shuts the supply off. The only way the level can effect it is if the flame does not make contact with the thermocouple sensor which would need a vast angle. Yes it is easy to fit.