KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have an AEG Lavatherm 57520 Tumble Dryer and it has just

Customer Question

I have an AEG Lavatherm 57520 Tumble Dryer and it has just stopped heating. If you select any programme it will run for around 20 seconds (no heat) and stop with the End/Crease guard light illuminated
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer .... the problem is with the thermostat or the heater located inside the back of the dryer... you can also check for a red button on the thermostat..if its there then press it to reset the unit. If its not there then test the heater and thermostat for continuity, replace the part that has no continuity._____________________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Kevin, Thermo has no reset button so bypassed it temporarily but made no difference so guess it is the heater...

Yes, you can test it with a meter before replacing it ... a new one will cost around £115 + labor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Replaced the heater/thermo unit and all sorted now, thanks Steve

That is great ... Thank you