Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

I HAVE FITTED A 150 TIME SWITCH TO MY ECOTEC PRO BOILER .IS

I HAVE FITTED A 150 TIME SWITCH TO MY ECOTEC PRO BOILER .IS THERE ANY MORE ACTION REQUIRED LIKE WIRING LOOPS TO REMOVE OR PUGS TO FIT
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.

does it still run when clock is switched to off?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes it start up and heats the rads.

Do you have a room and thermostat , and what clock/ programmer did you have before?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi no room stats and no timer before .the boiler was fitted just over 12 months ago. and this is the second timer i have tried. thanks for your help jeff.

Hi , you must have a link in the boiler wiring centre . this allows the boiler to run without controls . access the wiring box and look for a small link wire between two connectors . remove this ( make sure powers off ) and you will be running normally .write down where you removed it from and keep the link wire
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI ***** OF CONNECTORS MARKED WITH B.OFF AND RED LOOP WIRE .I HAVE REMOVED THIS AND THE BOILER WILL NOT START UP BUT THERE A SPANNER ON THE DISPLAY PANNEL.ITS ALSO MARK AS BURNER. THERES ALOOP WIRE BETWEEN R-T I REMOVE THIS LOOP AND THE BOILER STILL WORKS WITH TIMER IN OFF.THERE IS 2 CONNECTORS MARK WITH B-U-S NO LOOP. SORRY FOR BEING APAIN. JEFF

. put all the links back ,pretty sure it will be the red wire. Remove that and switch guide he clock to on . does the boiler come on?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI Toby

SORRY FOR THE DELAY HAVING A SHOP THE DAYS ARE LONG .

BOILER AND TIMER WORKING HOW IT SHOULD.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

all the best Jeff

Your welcome.
Would you mind rating my help , please , thanks