Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My oko santo 4085-6KG PNC###-##-####(15 years old) has just

My oko santo 4085-6KG PNC###-##-####(15 years old) has just started exhibiting the following fault. Normally the fridge is set to 3 degree C and for many hours there is no problem then it starts warming up and at approx 8 to 9 degrees the warning light comes on together with the audible alarm. Cancelling the alarm then causes the fridge to start cooling again and coming back to the 3 degrees within approx an hour. It appears this problem could be associated with the ambient temperature for it normally takes place in the afternoon when it is warmer. One other clue a couple of segments on the fridge lcd temp indicator have gone ie the plus is now a colon and the lower part of the one is missing. Note no error codes are never been displayed.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ can you advise where the fridge freezer is located within you home?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is located in the kitchen in the same place where it has been since it was installed, 15 years ago. Note never had a problem until a week or so ago.

OK in this case you are more likely to have a problem with the control module rather than the rest of the system which seems to be able to keep the appliance cool when allowed. The only other thing that I think it could be is that the compressor (motor) is failing to pump sufficient refrigerant around the system when it and your kitchen gets hotter. Its a difficult one for you in that the cost of replacing the control module is in excess of £230 whilst the compressor if found to be faulty is not far behind. You then have to throw in the mix that the refrigerant used 15 years ago is a HFC/CFC which is no longer used in the domestic appliance industry having been replaced. Candidly, to be sure you will need a refrigeration engineer to have a look at this it is not a DIY project ~ Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply for you have confirmed what I thought the problem could be. I also suspcted the controller and if I had a schematic I would attempt to diagnose the problem further (I used to design electronic systems) I am aware that the controller is £230 etc. I will now have to replace the beast. Thanks again for your straight forward answer.

Philip Seymour

My pleasure Phillip ~ would you now kindly rate me serviced to you using the smiley faces below, this lets me shut down the job on the system. Many thanks and look forward to seeing you again on JustAnwer ~~ Ian

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.