Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Daniel. I have a Clasixx 1400 express washing machine

Customer Question

Hello Daniel. I have a Clasixx 1400 express washing machine and the fabric softener does not syphon into the rinse cycle. The dispenser is clean and if I pour water into the fabric softener part of the dispenser it siphons into the machine ok. I assume that the water supply to that part of the dispenser is blocked. Is there anything I can do or will it require a technician visit
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~~ how handy are you with hand tools?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Reasonably competent with basic hand tools. I have a basic tool set.
OK can you give me the full ENr for the machine please, this allows me to see which type of water distribution is being used and then I can advise you further ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Enr is WAE28162GB/09

OK I attach a link to the spare parts diagram for your model, go to page 4 and when there come back to me and I can talk you through your repair ~ Ian

~~ http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/store/spareparts/WAE28162GB/WAE28162GB/09#explodeTab4 ~~

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok got the page.
OK referring to the diagram I will explain how the system works, inlet water passes through the double water inlet valve (0405) and depending upon the program passes along either the top or bottom hose (0406). In the fabric conditioner phase however water is supplied through both hoses together into distributor (0403) the excess volume/pressure dribbling water into the fabric condx chamber and subsequently causing the symphonic action within the condx container. Now if you don't get any water passing into this chamber it can be either one of the two valves that are faulty or much more likely the distributor. What you have to do is take off the top of the appliance, split the soap dispenser into two halves and flush out the holes in the distributor with hot water and a small screwdriver until they are fully clear. If you are unable to clear them out you will need to replace the distributor. Generally if the valve is faulty you would have a problem with the washer completing the cycle. First point of call then check the distributor for blockages ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Ian that's seems very clear and I'll try out what you suggest and let you know how I get on..
OK if you would now kindly rate my information to you using the smiley faces below, once done all further questions are on a free of charge basis but this allows me to shut the job down on the system. Many thanks ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is a structural bar suspending the drum which prevents access to dispenser.
Is it ok to remove the screws and slide bar back? How do I split the dispenser? I don't want to have to remove the hoses.
I sent this reply 2 days ago but it doesn't seem to have reached you ..did it go to a different person since I was asked for another £40.
Sorry this one only just popped up on my screen, forget the £40 we are still resolving the issue, Yes you can slide back the suspending bar, the top is just clipped on to the actual dispenser, its a bit of a fiddle but if you use a thin bladed screwdriver you should be able to unclip and wriggle it free ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've moved the bar back , had to take off the front panel to remove another bar at the front which fitted into the front of the dispenser. I Ve unclipped the top but can't they it off. Looks as though it is being limited by the hoses. Do I remove the hoses? Bit nervous about doing that.....
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok have managed and got it back together. Bit of a fiddle is an understatement and it would have helped knowing what tools were needed. I didn't have a star pointed key that could reach the deep seated screws. Now doing a wash having cleaned a lot of black soft mould?out of the water inlet so don't know yet whether it is fixed. Will let you know.
Glad you accomplished it, I should have mentioned that sorry, all BSH appliances use TorX screws these days. If this doesn't work you will have to change the distributor (top) not too expensive.