Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My fridge freezer is a Siemens IQ300 and is 4 years

Customer Question

My fridge freezer is a Siemens IQ300 and is 4 years old. it seems to have just spintaneously stopped cooling and freezing! The power is on (because the light in the fridge is on) and I have the settings on 'Max' and '-22' and 'super' but it is still just room temeperature.
Would it be possibe for you to suggest what is wrong?
Thanks so much
Anne McWilliams
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ are you able to use a multimeter or know anyone that can? Can you hear the motor at the back running at all, not the fan motor inside but the motor in the rear?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about! Could you just answer as if to an idiot?

Second email:

Hello - Is anybody there? If not I am going to cancel this with Paypal as I am not sure this is a reputable company.

Im sorry for the slight delay, let me explain how this works on this site, you advise us what the problem is and we through a question and answer process advise where your problem is. However this can only go as far as you are comfortable and competent. Generally the people who come on this site are reasonably happy with diy and tool usage skills. It would seem that you wouldn't be happy taking the appliance to bits, would I be correct in this?