Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have an rs21dcns fridgecfreezer which seems to be in demo

I have an rs21dcns fridgecfreezer which seems to be in demo mode . how do I turn this off
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ I attach a link showing you how to switch demo mode off ~~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwNXdCQCiw0 ~~ would you now kindly rate my information to you using the smiley faces below, this once done allows me to shut down the job on the system whilst giving you access to further questions on a free of charge basis.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have already seen this video and it does not apply to my model I
ok let me see if I can find my old notes re this model.

In my service manual its says (in the facia panel in door)

a. Press and hold the two left hand top button keeping them held in until the display starts to flash then release. This should take it out of demo and back to normal operation ~ Ian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The display starts to flash , but only flashes the set temperatures but does not show actual temperstures
Look we seem to be working to achieve different things here, are you wishing to take the appliance out of demo mode or are you concerned about the temperatures which is a totally different thing and one that we can deal with as a separate issue?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I wish to take it out of demo mode , but once out of demo mode surely it should gives a true temperature reading
The RS21 does not give a true temperature reading it gives an average reading over a 28 day period unlike the models that have subsequently followed it. The only thing you can do is switch the appliance off, leave for 5 minutes then switch it back on and it will restart taking reading from the restart time. In this way you are starting from zero readings. It is rather a silly system as obviously you are not aware if you have a problem of this other than by actually noticing that things are defrosting.