Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Aeg s75408 kg fridge on 14 but freezer is fine??

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ could you give me the product code or pnc which is on the rating label please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's an Aeg S 75408 kg
That is the model number, I need the product code which will be 9 or 11 numbers please ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where do I find this?
Should be on a label within the appliance or on the back.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
###-##-####00
OK can you hear the fan running in the freezer compartment?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've taken the draws and Back off but I can't getthe top section pulled forward

It's held on with two small bolts?

Can't tell if it's running or not?

If you close the door so that its nearly fully closed it should activate the door switch you should then hear the fan start up. when you then you open the door again it should stop.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it is starting and stopping
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it is staring and stopping with the door ?? What do you think this can mean?
OK if I explain how the system works then you will be able to understand better, the cooling in the fridge is ducted up from the freezer via pipes in a flow and return motion, this is done by pressurizing the air in the system using a fan. Now if (as often happens) one or both of these pipes get blocked/partially blocked with ice the ability to cool in the fridge is much reduced but that in the freezer is unaffected. What you need to do is to fully defrost the appliance ie get your frozen stuff stored somewhere (family/friend) and having put down towels leave both doors open for two (yes 2) days. Once you have done this restart the appliance and you should be OK. Switching on the coolmatic (fast freeze) will have no effect at all and just cause the compressor to run constantly. This is the first stage, if you still have a problem come back to me because the vent baffle is faulty or frozen up but irrespective you would have to defrost the unit before you can access (without damage) the baffle assembly. ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I will do that, if this works will it freeze up again in a short period of time ?? We had it about 6 years and it's always be fine......thanks
OK Paul, would you now kindly rate the information given to you using the smiley faces below, once done all further questions are on a free of charge basis ie you can come back after you have sorted the freezer out if you need further help. ~ Ian