George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

We have a 10 year old Belling multifunction oven. When set

We have a 10 year old Belling multifunction oven. When set to fan oven, while the fan works, the oven does not heat up. The oven works on conventional and the individual elements seem to be working normally. I don't know if there is another element used by the fan function, or is there perhaps some interlock that might have failed?
I should be grateful for any advice.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Can you give me the model number of the oven Richard.. This will be on a label on the surround of the oven behind the door

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I cannot find a model number anywhere, only the instruction manual calling it a 'Formula Multifunction Double Oven'. Someone has written '49286' on the front of it but I don't know if that is significant. If I take the oven out of the unit will I find the model number on the back?

Yes Richard, there should be a label on the rear of the oven also...

If this is the old Belling 492 then it does have another element behind the plate that is screwed onto the back wall of the oven..

If we are talking about the same cooker then the element is part number###-##-####but you can also use Hotpoint part number C00199665 as this is the same element.

Here is a link to the part

If you are buying from the link I have given you, discount is available:
To get discount, when you get to the Checkout page.. To the left of the 'Pay by Card' button there is a link to allow you to enter a discount code.. Click on it and enter the discount code __ id1975 __ to get a discount

Please rate the assistance given by me & feel free to return for further advice if needed

Hi Richard.. How are you getting on with the cooker element.. Was that the correct model, or do you need to give me another another?

regards
George
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi George,

Having all but taken the thing apart I found no model number on it. Accordingly I went with your instincts and ordered the part suggested on Tuesday. If it doesn't arrive tomorrow I am away for a week but I will let you know how I get on.

Ok Richard.. if I don't hear from you tomorrow, have a good time and I'll look forward to hearing from you on your return.
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair