Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Ive just bought a second hand miele H383 single oven;

Customer Question

Hello, Ive just bought a second hand miele H383 single oven; I want to connect the oven using the 'old' lead from the previous oven - a 30 amp earth, live and neutral cable. I can't work out where 2 of the 3 fit into the 'grey' box on the unit - one 'screw point' is clearly marked earth, but the other screw points in the grey box are numbered 1 to 6... any ideas...
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries _ did you remove the original supplied Miele cable? If so did you note the connections to it. This Miele is supplied (unlike other manufacturers) with a specific to country cable.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ian,

the new oven [second hand] did not come with a connecting wire.

The 'old' oven I am removing is a Siemens [before that Neff]. I am leaving the 3 wire [live, neutral, earth] cable in situ as it is connected to a 30 amp oven socket; so it's where the blue and brown wires on the Miele oven connector box need to be fixed. There are 6 'screws' in parallel, the bottom right 'screw' has an earth symbol on it. They are numbered 1 - 6.

Ez

Can you give me the product code from the rating label and I will see if I can get a wiring diagram for it tomorrow. The problem is that they are designed to be used with various different European systems ie 3 phase and single in various configurations. This is why they are supplied with a prefitted cable.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a HB383 -1B - KAT
Ta
Ez
OK I have just requested a wiring diagram from Miele will come back to you when I have it to hand.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

any advance on the problem.... did you get the wiring diagram.

Ez

No ~ I am advised that this item was not available in the UK (?) so I really need the product code to be able to help you further. Perhaps you can forward a photo of the rating plate so I can see if I can take it further?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You could have got back to me to let me know sooner... I need this fitting!You said you had ordered a wiring diagram?Why are your times in EST?I don't have a way of sending you a photo and I have sent the product code but there is a number next to it :10/28177155It is a Miele classic and the user manual is in English with a big GB on the front so I think your source info is inaccurate.Please get back to me ASAP, no oven, no eat Ez

You didn't send me the product code you sent me the model number totally different. The reason you are getting EST timings is because JA is located in America. I will see if the number in you last post is correct and then get back to you, if I cant find out further detail I will arrange a refund.

And for information from Miele ~~ 'Miele UK service does not recognize that number'. ie H383

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Dales - Electronic

strange, I thought I'd sent both the product number in one email and the model number in another... try again.

Product number 10/28177155

HB383 1BP - KAT

It is recognised in GB, and I do have the user manual ... try

http://www.miele.co.uk/support/manuals/default.aspx

and look for H383. No wiring instructions other than,'must be earthed'.

The ratings are 3.3, 3.6 and 3.9 KW but I can't see the voltages as the plate is worn, but they all start with a 2.

I contacted Miele today because this is getting desperate, and they will send me a cable to attach to the oven; they will not send wiring instructions however.

So, any advice on how to wire in the wire, would be helpful.

On the oven, there are 6 'screws' in parallel, the bottom right 'screw' has an earth symbol on it. They are numbered 1 - 6.

Ez

Can you give me MAT number on the rating label and if you send could send me a picture of the connector block please.