George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

George I have a Neff Dishwasher that suddenly started leaking from the bottom of the m

Customer Question

Hi George
I have a Neff Dishwasher that suddenly started leaking from the bottom of the machine. It does not appear to be the seals at the bottom of the door and it is quite a deluge rather than a drip or two. It only starts once the machine is part way through cycle and filled with water. Almost like it is overfilling and spilling the excess from somewhere. Any Thoughts?
Regards Alan
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Can you tell me the ENR of the appliance.. This will be either stamped-in at the top of the metal part of the door, or will be on a label on the outer edge of the door, depending on the age of the appliance

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

s5453x1gb/55

Thanks for that Alan...

Can you explain to me the scenario in full as you see it during the program.. also let me know at what point in the program (how far from the start) does the flooding appear to be happening

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It starts as normal and then as it approaches what I would describe as "getting ready to drop the soap block" it appears to overfill or possibly not drain the excess water input and I get a significant leak along the bottom of the door. The main stream of water is from around 1/4 of the length of the door on the left looking at the front of the appliance. I have stopped the leak by opening the door (stopping the programme) removing the bottom dish tray and "balingng out" When I open the door it does not seem to add to the leak intensity. After cleaning the seals around the door I re-started the programme and the problem remained. That's about it.

Thanks Alan,

It sounds like you have an issue with the drain pump... First port of call. open the filter area at the bottom of the tank and remove all filters.. There is a cover over the drain pump; remove the cover and chec to see if you have any foreign objects stopping the impeller from rotating... Turn the impeller to ensure that it can rotate, then replace the cover and filters.

Once this is done, press the reset for your dishwasher and let me know if the pump operates and the water drains away.

Please rate the assistance so far & feel free to return for further advice which I will then give freely
Hi Alan, I am awaiting a response from you

regards
George
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi George

The impeller was fine.

It was to do with a faulty water sensor and an overflow sensor which was stuck. Fixed by Neff now. Thanks

Thanks for letting me know Alan...