George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Hotpoint BWM 129 which will not drain or spin and

I have a Hotpoint BWM 129 which will not drain or spin and I cannot open the door. The light is flashing continually which I believe indicates a problem and I suspect it may be a blocked filter but do not know how to drain the filter. There is a black plastic dial at the bottom on the front but I'm wary of turning this in case floods of water emerge. Does this sound like a filter obstruction and if so, how do I do it?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Please tell me which lights of the four are flashing from the top downwards.

If you do not wish to flood the area, disconnect the drain hose from its drainage point and move the washer out. Drop the hose into a bucket or out of a door; this will allow the appliance to drain without flooding the kitchen.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The lights that are flashing are the second one and the fourth one ie: super wash and rinse hold and the on/off light.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Did you receive my answer? The super wash and rinse hold lights are flashing together with the on/off light.

Hello Anna,

Sorry this is so late coming to you but my wife had a stroke this afternoon and as you can understand she took priority over everything.

The flashing lights are telling you that the either the pump is blocked or the pressure switch is Jammed..

Since your appliance was still full of water, I would say that the problem is with the pump being either blocked or faulty.

As suggested above, disconnect the drain hose from its drainage point and move the washer out of its housing. Drop the drain hose into a bucket or out of the back door; this will allow the appliance to drain without flooding the kitchen. Then undo the filter housing to uncover the fault.

Please rate the assistance kindly, and again, please excuse the lateness of my reply.

regards
George