George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Samsung washer dryer wd80j6410aw not drying properly Sometimes

Customer Question

samsung washer dryer wd80j6410aw not drying properly
Sometimes it's one for 2 hours yet the clothes are not dry ?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

How dry / wet are the clothes when you open the door... also, are they warm?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi George
You they are fairly warm but are still really damp so it seems like it is getting hot bit not enough to dry the clothes ... Just as an FYI the machine is only 2 weeks old !!
Hi Matt...

If you are following the load specification for the drying cycle then there should be no problem.. Have a look in your instruction manual to find the total load that the appliance can facilitate on a drying cycle.. this will normally be different than the wash cycle.

Check to ensure also that the drain and drainage point are clear.. as if the drain is not clear and the load remains wet through the lack of spin-drain, the drying heaters will not be able to cope with the totally soaked washing load.

Lastly, if both of these factors are tested and found to be correct, return the item to the supplier as faulty, or have them repair it under warranty.

Please rate the assistance give & feel free to then ask if you need further advice
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have tried on half load and the drain is fine
You have tried on half load, or you have tried with only half a load in the tub?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
With half load in the tub
Check to ensure that both the drain filter and drainage point are clear..

At this point I must ask you to rate the assistance given