Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Please can you tell me how to clean the rubber ring in the

Please can you tell me how to clean the rubber ring in the drum.
My washing machine is Bosch Exxcel7.
What should I use?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ can I assume you have black deposits on the door gasket seal?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes

OK the black stuff you get here is a fungus that grows on washing powder residue and the debris that is washed off your clothes. If it is not too bad you can smear bleach around the door seal leaving it on a couple of hours and then putting the washing machine into a rinse to wash it off. If however it is badly contaminated then the only option is to have the door seal replaced. The trick to avoiding this reoccurring is to once a month place a scoop of biological powder in the washing machine and without any clothes in the tub carry out a boil (90/95C) wash. The fungus cannot live above 70C so this destroys any spores or residue and prevents any further growth ~ this must be continued throughout the life of the appliance to keep it fungi free.

Would you now kindly rate my information to you using the smiley faces below, this allows me (once done) to close down the question on the system whilst at the same time letting you ask further questions on a free of charge basis.