Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

AFG070 Whirlpool chest freezer. Red light is on and no

Hi. AFG070 Whirlpool chest freezer. Red light is on and no sound from compressor. It started working spontaneously for a day or so then stopped again. Any ideas?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - when you switched the fast freeze button to one did the compressor come on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Ian. No, even with the fast freeze button pressed, there was no sound from the compressor.

OK ~ can you use a multimeter and can you tell me what make of motor (compressor) and its model number is ***** in your freezer.