Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an Indesit IWC 6105 washing machine and I have

I have an Indesit IWC 6105 washing machine and I have just replaced the door locking mechanism (which was didn't not lock the door).

Since replacing the door lock, the lock light now comes on BUT the washing cycle will not start.... does this sound familiar? When I switch the power off/on (at the mains) the same thing happens (ie cycle does not start), sometimes when I do this the water pumps into the "Detergent dispenser drawer" for a second and then halts

UPDATE: If I leave it switched on it eventually starts a cycle but with all the "Function" lights flashing

Regards, Mark

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sorry for the delay in getting to your question, Do you still need help on this? If so then when you close the door and press start is the door just locking and sitting there doing nothing? Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, still need help...

And yes when I press start the door is locking (with light on), but the cycle does not start... after a few minutes it appears to start but with all the "function" lights flashing and if I leave it is just sits there with flashing
"function" lights make a quiet grinding noise

Mark

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ok when you say the lights flash is it certain lights or all the lights that flash? Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

all of the function lights

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All the oval shaped "function" button lights

"Function" as in the diagram on p6 of the manual:

http://imagebank.indesitcompany.co.uk/brochures_online/pdf/indesit/Washer-dryers/IWDC6105_19507398705_GB.pdf

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ok if you have all the lights flashing then this is nearly always down to the rear control board at the back. What yo can try if you are looking at fixing yourself is remove the back panel and remove the main control board.Locate C17 capacitor and see if the top of this has swelled up. If it has then it will need to be replaced and that should cure the fault from there. As it a very common problem on these when you get all the lights flashing so check that and see what you find from there. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is the main control board right at the back and down the bottom of the machine down, or is the main control board unit with all the user control buttons (located at the front of the machine)?

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Yes thats the main board at the back at the bottom left corner when looking at the back of it. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is some black dis-colouring around a couple of the capacitors, so looks like I'll need a new control module, where would I be able to buy one

This is the model

http://www.100surplus.com/ariston-washing-machine-control-module-delta-21501022702-pralka-schemat-modul.html

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi For control modules you can try these as they sell refurbished boards which come programed up ready for your machine. http://www.emwelec.co.uk/ Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks, ***** ***** what I needed...