Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Daniel. I have a Leisure Fridge Freezer APL139633. It

Hi Daniel. I have a Leisure Fridge Freezer APL139633. It works fine except that most mornings I find a pool of water has run out the front. I think that the outlet pipe is blocked for water from the auto defrost. Can you please tell me how I unblock it ? I've taken the grill off at the back and all looks ok there. I guess I need to access from the inside ? Thanks. David
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question.

That model number you posted isnt comming up. Can you double check it please.

Or is this a side by side appliance or up right?
If you look inside the freezer at the very bottom is there a layer of ice on there?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks. My mistake. It's APL13963B. Its a tall American style. Freezer on left. Fridge on right. Yes layer of ice at very bottom.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for that ive got it now.

What you will find is the drain hole inside the freezer is blocked. As this is a Beko built appliance what you need to do is empty the freezer and remove the back panel. They are just a push fit so you need to try and grip behind it and pull it and it will unclip out.
Lift it as far up as you can and then get someone to hold it for you.

Then you can see the evporator, Under there you will see the drain channel. It will be covered in ice so remove the ice then you will see the hole. You need to pore boiling water in there and poke something in there to clear it. Once clear pore water in there and make sure it drains away.

Once its clear refit the panels and fingers crossed thats sorted it from there.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for that. Its at my daughters house. So it will be a couple of days before I try it. I will enter the Rating after that. I expect to give you a positive rating.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

No worries thats fine. If you do need anymore info just get back to me.