Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

When i turn on the machine, the door lock symbol keeps flashing

when i turn on the machine, the door lock symbol keeps flashing and the timer counts down but nothing else happens
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ would you kindly give me the model number please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

model no. is DVN9124DG

OK do this, have a thin bladed screwdriver to hand. Locate the hole where the door latch going into the front of the door lock. Now, select a program hit start and then with the screwdriver push the slider (in the door lock) to the right. It should latch and the appliance should start ~ come back with your results. -- Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry ian, was working nights, only getting back to it now, i tried your suggestion but the results are the same

OK it is one of two things ~ usually it is the door lock (called an interlock) that is at fault and will need replacing. Or it is the main pcb that has failed as a result of the door lock being faulty. Firstly you will need to check that the wires between the door lock and the pcb are not damaged and that you have continuity through them. Once this is established visually check the pcb for damage. If you find some then replace both items. If you cant see anything just change the door interlock for starters.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks ian, took me a while to find my multimeter, have continuity on all three cables, when i removed the main pcb found a burnt link just behind and above where the door cables plug in.will try and do a temporary fix on it at work tomorrow and order replacement parts. Thanks for your help. Eddie

OK Eddie ~ when this usually happens its because the door interlock has failed so would go down that route first. Would you now kindly rate my service to you using the smiley faces below, once done you can come back to me and ask further questions on a free of charge basis ~ Have fun - Ian