Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

GA-crb Daniel T sorted me out brilliantly in December 2014

Customer Question

Hi Daniel T sorted me out brilliantly in December 2014 with my oven and I am hoping he can do the same for me this time. Everything he suggested worked our perfectly. It is the same oven! The make and model is: Creda Oven Model No. 49502 Serial No. 984C 020589 I have managed to smash the oven inner glass door this morning because yet again it did not shut properly and so I got cross! Its been a problem for a while. I need a new inner glass oven door and new hinges. Please could you supply me with the genuine Creda/ Hotpoint replacement part number so I can fix a new one into the oven. many thanks best wishes Ruth XXXXX XXXXXX

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting to you. Hope your keeping well.

The part number for the inner door glass on the main oven is C00234042
The top hinge is(###) ###-####br/>The bottom hinge is(###) ###-####br/>
Now for the bad news im afraid the hinges are comming up as obsolete and im pretty sure the door glass is as well. Door parts for older oven tend to go obsolete quicker the heaters and thermostats as you can still use some heaters and thermostats on new models as well but this kind of door is for the older models and im afraid they just dont make the spares from them anymore.

But you have the part numbers so try the likes of ebay and other sites and see if you can find them from there. I just know Hotpoint/Creda dont make them anymore, sorry.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much.

It is as I suspected - parts may be totally obsolete.

If I can`t get these parts (which seems likely) is it OK and safe to use the oven without the inner glass door? i.e. will the outer door take the heat?

best wishes

Customer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

can you also sort me out with your wretched website .

I keep getting ` your e - mail address is already stored etc. I am trying to input my e - mail address which has not changed as in My Account/profile it keeps saying - e - mail address missing. I do not get any notification as to when you have replied to me. I have changed my password ***** than once. I am sick of the problem. It also will not open the e- mail address to send you a customer care message nor does it display any customer support phone number to call in the UK - totally useless.

Can you get this sorted out

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Im afraid its not really safe to use the oven without the inner glass. As the outer glass cannot with stand the heat the oven creates so without the inner glass it will get the full blast.
As the inner glass is made a lot stronger. Plus the inner glass seals the oven as without the inner glass the heat will just escape stright away so it wont even get to full temperture correctly.

As to the email you are having trouble with im afraid i cannot do anything as i dont have access to your accounts. So i will see if i can pass this to customer care so they can help you with the email address.

Expert:  Christine-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
http://www.justanswer.co.uk/appliance/97ech-locked-customer-service.html?rpt=1350
Thank you, ***** Support Team.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Daniel T

Thank you very much for your advice.

It was very helpful and as I no whave separate confirmation all the parts are obsolete, I have decided to buy a new cooker!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That`s it

best wishes

Customer

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Your very welcome.

If you havent already if you could rate the answer i gave that would be great.