George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My parents whirlpool adg7560 dishwasher is pumping water out

Customer Question

My parents whirlpool adg7560 dishwasher is pumping water out but not circulating water to clean the contents. Can you suggest what is causing the problem and if it is repairable
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Is it taking in the water, then pumping it out, or is it pumping it out immediately that you turn the appliance on?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When you turn the machine on it goes through the normal initial cycle and pumps out any residual water ok. It then fills but fails to circulate the water around the machine to wash the dishes
Ps the machine is at least 9 years old
Is there a buzz from the wash motor?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, there is a faint buzz when it should be running

Thank you Jeremy,

There is a large silver capacitor at the side of the motor.. this capacitor will be defective and will need changing. The capacitor is required for the motor to run.

graphic

Find the value on the capacitor and change it for one of a like value.

Please rate the assistance given by me before requesting further advice

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you know where they can be obtained? The usual spares supplies to seem to have them in stock. Are they easy to fit?
Hi Jeremy,

Once you have the value of the capacitor, let me know what it is and I'll try find one for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You're very welcome Jeremy