Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Beko WM 95135 LB machine that seems stuck on a programme.

Customer Question

I have a Beko WM 95135 LB machine that seems stuck on a programme. It keeps starting and ending on a cycle without filling up in less than a minute.All electronic lights seem to be okay.I have tried to reset by holding pause button for 3 seconds as per manual.Is there any other way to reset?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Lets see what the error code is stored in there.

Turn the washer off.
Turn the dial to cottons cycle which is 12 oclock.
Press and hold the start button in and keep it held in and turn the washer back on.
After a few seconds of holding the start button the code will flash up E??
Remeber the code as it will only flash the once and go off.
Now let go and turn the washer off.

Turn it back on and see what happens as thats the only other way of resetting it as you have entered test mode and cleared it.

Try that and see what happens and let me know what error code you got up.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello,no error code came up,machine still looks stuck on a programme,not even accepting the cotton mode I am now on.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok if its not selecting the cotton cycle then it wont give the error code.

What happens when you press and hold the start button in for several seconds?
Also have you checked the childlock isnt activated?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Childlock not on,machine starts up saying End then kicks on to read 28 minutes which is the Daily Quick programme,this keeps on happening without any cease.Seems to want to start and end without carrying out the cycle.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok reset it till it shows end again.
Then if you turn the dial to cottons will it show the time for that setting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Believe it or not F13 showed up on screen then all the lights are showing including no water light although machine is now filling up but not spinning.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok what you need to do is pull the washer out and lean it backwards against a wall and get someone to hold for you.

Then lie down and look under the washer. From there you will see the back of the motor. Either side you will see the carbon brushes. Take them out and see if they have worn down.

If so then you need to replace them. As worn brushes will stop the motor from turning and will also cause strange faults like its doing now with it not starting.

So check them and see what you find and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No brushes are visible,checked all sides.A new code F04 has now shown on screen.Managed to get it on drain to clear water out of the system.Looks like all avenues have now been tried,many thanks.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok if you dont have the brushes then yours is the other version of the model which uses the induction motor which is brushless.

But the F04 code is a filling issue. I know it does fill with water but on these there is 2 coils for the filling. If you have a multi meter you can test both coils on there. Each coil should read about 3.6 Kohms. Check both and see what reading you get.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm afraid that we do not have a multi meter.We can now change to another programme but the same thing happens i.e wanting to start then ending without going through cycle.Many thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Laptop cut out on me,sorry.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok try this again and see what happens.

Reset it to show end.
Turn off and select cotton.
Press and hold the start button and turn the washer back on again.
Once the lights start to flash let go.
Now press the start button 3 times and see if the drum turns?
Press again and see if it turns the other way.
Then press again and see if it spins.
Then again and see if it fills and press a few times more and see if it drains.
Now sometimes it will do it the opposite way were it fills before the drum turns.

But try the above and see what happens and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Many thanks,machine filled and drained but drum did not turn.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok the fault is something to do with the motor or the control board on this.

Now these motor are inductions drive motors so theres no serviceable parts in there as it uses a magnetic field to turn. But if you notice the part the motor pushes onto is a small circuit board going into the motor. So there not much of a test you can do other then replace the motor. The same as the contol boards.

But parts for these are expensive. The motor is listed at £170 and the control board is about £100 so its probberly not even worth fixing im afraid. These Bekos tend to be a throw away appliances now a days.

Sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.