Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hygena APP2400 cooker hood has stopped working. Fuse ok on

Customer Question

Hygena APP2400 cooker hood has stopped working. Fuse ok on power in. Any ideas where to look for problem?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

If the power supply to the hood is fine but its not comming on then its possibley the fuse in the control board.

What you need to do is remove the chimney section of the hood and access the main control board and in there you will see the fuse. Check the fuse in there and if its blown then it will need to be replaced.

Check that out and see what you find and let me know.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Having problems removing chimney But as I am preparing myself for an operation tomorrow I only have a limited time to spend on this problem. Unless there is some knack in removing chimney that I have yet to discover I will hopefully remove it in a few days and then check fuse as you suggested. Thanks

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Normally to remove the chimney if you look at it at the very top at the back on each side there should be a screw. Remove them both and then you should be able to remove it from there.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No screws but it looks as though the wall tiles have been fitted up to the chimney so I will have to break the seal to loosen the chimney when hopefully all will be revealed. Do not have time to do this now so will have to have a go when I return from hospital. Will let you know outcome.

Cheers

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

No worries thats fine.