George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Zanussi Jetstream Excel 1250. Model WJS1397W Turbodry. Machine

Customer Question

Zanussi Jetstream Excel 1250. Model WJS1397W Turbodry. Machine not been used for a while. Did a wash and it went thru cycle OK. Then put on to drying cycle but it filled up with water and the program selector kept on rotating. Stopped it by pushing the OFF button. Could the machine have got damp on internal wiring or controls while house been unoccupied?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.

Hello Jimmy, my name is George..

This is an indication of a component fault.. The issue is diagnosing which component has the fault; do you have a multimeter?

Also, can you supply the PNC from the label on the appliance.

Please rate the assistance given & kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good Mng...Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have a multimeter and can use it quite well.

The machine is WJS1397W.

Type:P(###) ###-####

Product No###-##-####00

Serial No:844 00688.

The machine is located 40 miles from here so I don't have access to it every day but will respond to your instructions ASAP.

Best Regards...Jimmy Smith.

Ok, you need to test the dryer heater element, dryer thermostats, dryer fan, water inlet valves, drain pump.

Take note of the resistances you get and let me know what they are.